Tuesday, March 15, 2011

and now... my Zentangles

First - the link to the originators of the name ( but not the activity - which has been around FOREVER!):
The Zentangle® art form and method was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. Zentangle® is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com.

I did my first one starting with their suggested method and then reverted back to my usual doodle style from yesterday's post. I kept the square format for the first 3, but can sense that I would start deviating - but that's the fun of it.




A friend of mine, Karen Pasqualucci, also does this line doodle but turns them into figures and whimsical creatures. She calls hers "Zendoodles" and has a book out on Amazon:





It's really wonderful to see design concepts in action - and trending!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool! I saw a link to this Zentangles thing somewhere...(Facebook?) and they were using circular paper.
I like yours!